Saturday, June 11, 2011

Create Your Own Adventure

It's funny how movies now are more expensive if they're in 3D. They say they are more realistic, as if it's happening right in front of you. I'm not a fan because I fear of getting headaches brought about by a case of astigmatism and because it's twice as much as a regular movie. Ironically, we seek these pseudo-realities when everyday, we wake up to a reality that is our own. "But it's a movie!" you would say. Well yeah, you have a point. We would prefer a pseudo-reality that would make us feel good than one that we have to face every single day and make us miserable (sometimes). Yes, we need to be distracted once in a while.

When we have these movies to distract us, we would also have the urge of experiencing these movies ourselves. Better yet, see these places ourselves. I love to travel and have been to some places in Asia and the Philippines throughout the years. What I love more is to pine for the other places I want to go to yet I have no capacity to do so just yet. Drama is my plague and a day wouldn't go by without it. However the moment I stepped inside the NAIA 2 more than 7 days ago, I told myself "you go through all sorts of drama about not really wanting to go to Taipei but here you are with a smile on your face when you're presenting your passport to Immigrations."

They say happiness is a choice and I would agree. To add to that, you create your own adventure. 4 days ago, after I stepped out of the same airport I went into last week, a clock started ticking. Yes, the countdown to our next destination begins now.

:D

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Ines on you new blog! keep your posts coming!

    ReplyDelete